[HOT] Niger Delta, Mali

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Mon May 14 02:07:13 BST 2012

With revised Orbview imagery provided by Jean-Gulhem, I revisited areas around Mopi. I see that it is now possible to trace more precisely the Niger delta in this area. It is not an easy job, since a large portion of the delta is under water for only part of the year.

Zooming in, I see that the riverbanks have to be retraced more precisely in many areas, Islands should also be traced.  The Inner Niger delta is actually indicated using a polygon (way=37789559) with a tag place=locality.  To my point of view, this should be replaced by a relation waterway=riverbank comprising all the riverbanks describing the delta.

Pierre