[HOT] Currently any GIS programs in Tanzania ?

Mark Iliffe mark at markiliffe.co.uk
Thu May 24 14:49:59 BST 2012

Hi Robert,

Have you seen the Ramani Tanzania work that was done in August last year? Also have a look at Envaya's work in Tanzania in aiding NGOs and CBOs. I believe there are steps towards an NSDI within their Bureau of Statistics and through COSTECH in association with Jeroen Van Der Planke and Rob Lemmens at ITC Twente and the University of Dar Es Salaam.

I was there with Mikel last year and will be again for two weeks next week. Ping me if you want to chat further.

Best,

Mark