[HOT] Re : Blog post about last weeks Camp Roberts/RELIEF Mapping

Stéphane Henriod s at henriod.info
Thu May 31 06:43:12 BST 2012

It of course makes sense to take those decisions collaboratively, but how
long would we reasonably need to gather enough people in such a chat room
and reach a consensus on tags to use?

Maybe a slightly more top-down approach would allow to spare time in a real
emergency, if an experienced mapper (if possible with field knowledge of
the area) was to take a few authoritative decisions and to describe them in
a wiki page or in the instructions on the task manager? Mappers (even less
experienced ones) could then start very quickly to work, using those
guidelines.

The chat room can of course be used in addition to that, during the
mapping, to exchange tips and ideas and for less experienced mappers to get
support and help. If some relevant issues are raised during chats, they can
of course be added to the wiki / task manager instruction page.

Would that make sense?

Stéphane

--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux"
-- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason
enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon
it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info