[HOT] Fwd: [OSM-talk] Who Did It?

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Wed Oct 3 04:28:45 BST 2012

I don't remember that this new tool would have been mentioned here.
It is a wonderful addition to the not-so-numerous monitoring tools that
helps checking what's going on in your area a lot easier.

Note also the undocumented tip on the bottom to filter out edits by a given
username (at bottom).

I created a bookmarklet (based on previous
similar<http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jaakkoh/diary>)
that makes it a breeze to access a given user's WHODIDIT view (for a
predefined area and time range). Example for Hispanola at z8 and 31 days:

- name: WHODIDIT Hispanola by user last 31 days from userpage:
OpenStreetMap Changeset Analyzer
javascript:a=document.location.href.split('/');if(a[2]+a[3]=='www.openstreetmap.orguser'){document.location.href='
http://zverik.osm.rambler.ru/whodidit/?zoom=8&lat=18.83&lon=-71.58&layers=BTT&user='+a[4]+'&age=31'}else{alert('Thisis
not a valid OSM user page.') }

I find the eternity choice (which translates into 1000 days) very neat:
e.g.
http://zverik.osm.rambler.ru/whodidit/?zoom=8&lat=18.83&lon=-71.58&layers=BTT&user=jaakkoh&age=1000

All in all, the tool/service makes following edits in a given area or by
certain user(s) a _significantly_ easier. Big thanks to IZ for this!

Finally, and having noted the above, take the results of the service with a
grain of salt: After verifying a few users including myself for areas that
these users are known to have edited even the eternity (1000 days) option
doesn't always show edits. Haven't asked why but that clearly seems to be
the case in some instances.

Cheers,
-Jaakko
http://osm.org/user/jaakkoh