[HOT] [OSM-talk] Who Did It?

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Wed Oct 3 05:09:32 BST 2012

Answering to myself after _actually_ reading the announcement email in
full...

After verifying a few users including myself for areas that these users are
> known to have edited even the eternity (1000 days) option doesn't always
> show edits. Haven't asked why but that clearly seems to be the case in some
> instances.

... which is because: "this service relies only on nodes: other objects do
not have spatial information on them in diffs; querying the server every
time is expensive, and keeping minutely planet database is no less costly."

So, it "complements" the ITO OSM map that only shows ways :)

I also noticed that the map shows a same view for half year (180 days) and
eternity (1000d). This, too is explained in the announcement email (should
anyone else be a lazy to read as me):
"I've preloaded WHODIDIT with the data since 1st of July,"

I guess this will change over time, then.

-Jaakko