[HOT] Free data for humanitarian purposes

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Tue Oct 9 06:08:09 BST 2012

Hi Lukasz,

It also depends on what the data use is. For example Natural Earth is
aimed at cartographers, so it is a good resource for making maps. If
you wish to use the information for navigation another source would be
better.

For HOT specifically though the COD license varies and the government
providing it can pick the license (someone correct me if this is
inaccurate). So usually it is not something HOT can use.

-Kate