[HOT] Free data for humanitarian purposes

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Fri Oct 5 15:54:02 BST 2012

Lukasz

The problem of such data availibity and quality arises every time we start a project in a country.

OCHA's CODs  data is usefull but not alway complete. Also, quality varies from one country to the other.  Also, the license is not compatible with OdbL OSM license.

There are other sources like NGA, and again with varying quality.  See http://earth-info.nga.mil/gns/html/namefiles.htm

Geolocation is often approximative. Such data have to be examined carefully and corrected before importing into OSM.

Pierre