[HOT] job mapping

Stéphane Henriod s at henriod.info
Wed Oct 31 13:35:15 GMT 2012

Hi

I would also strongly support the idea of some kind of instant messaging
allowing to quickly get in touch with a mapper that makes a "mistake", or
to coordinate with people working on other tasks.

I agree with Kate that messaging through the OSM system is not the end of
the world but, when I map, I map. I don't check my emails or my OSM inbox.
This means that, if I systematically make a tagging mistake, I can do quite
a lot before I even see that someone has tried to contact me. And then it
will also be a pain to correct or to revert it.

Would a live-chat on the task manager help this? Probably not, cause I'm
not monitoring this page every 30 seconds either (am I the only one?)

So what about a simple JOSM plugin that would popup an alert when I receive
an OSM inbox message? I'm not a developer, but I assume that this would be
fairly easy to develop for someone who has the skills? And it would
integrate seamlessly with the existing messaging infrastructure.

Cheers

Stéphane

--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux"
-- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason
enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon
it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info