[HOT] job mapping

Stéphane Henriod s at henriod.info
Wed Oct 31 13:35:15 GMT 2012

I would also strongly support the idea of some kind of instant messaging
allowing to quickly get in touch with a mapper that makes a "mistake", or
to coordinate with people working on other tasks.

I agree with Kate that messaging through the OSM system is not the end of
the world but, when I map, I map. I don't check my emails or my OSM inbox.
This means that, if I systematically make a tagging mistake, I can do quite
a lot before I even see that someone has tried to contact me. And then it
will also be a pain to correct or to revert it.

Would a live-chat on the task manager help this? Probably not, cause I'm
not monitoring this page every 30 seconds either (am I the only one?)

So what about a simple JOSM plugin that would popup an alert when I receive
an OSM inbox message? I'm not a developer, but I assume that this would be
fairly easy to develop for someone who has the skills? And it would
integrate seamlessly with the existing messaging infrastructure.

"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux"
-- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason
enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon
it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info