[HOT] On the ground mapping in Gulu and Lira

Douglas Musaazi douglasmusaazi at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 05:56:49 BST 2012

Hi H.O.T....

Thanks for the work that you did with the Red Cross for Gulu and Lira towns, though it is still in progress at 16% in Lira and 26% in Gulu you did a recommendable job!!

We have been closely following the Lira and Gulu tasks, and may be when the trip with 5 Universities is complete we will be involved more, fortunately, the trip was to start in Gulu!! where the tracing was done, and we organised a one-day mapping event with the students of Gulu University. They never worked with the tasking manager, but had a first experience with JOSM, and also got introduced to mapping and the OpenStreetMap, at the end of the day, they updated the map of the university in Gulu (www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=2.788541&mlon=32.316701&zoom=18&layers=M)

Images for the small huts that were hard to trace on the tasking manager were also taken and some of them are here

(https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.400185033369378.98095.252245321496684&type=1&l=30b11765ea)

Yours Truly

Douglas Ssebaggala Musaazi
Mobile:   +256-772-422524