[HOT] On the ground mapping in Gulu and Lira

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 13 21:27:17 BST 2012

Hi Douglas,

I am very happy to see how the students have updated mapping of the Gulu
university. Local knowledge is essential and this mapping by the students is a good example of how local and international remote mappers can work together and produce a high qualitiy map.
It is interesting to see these photos, including the huts we were mapping.

Pierre

>________________________________
> De : Douglas Musaazi <douglasmusaazi at yahoo.com>
>À : "hot at openstreetmap.org" <hot at openstreetmap.org>
>Envoyé le : Jeudi 13 septembre 2012 0h56
>Objet : [HOT] On the ground mapping in Gulu and Lira
>

>Hi H.O.T....
>

>Thanks for the work that you did with the Red Cross for Gulu and Lira towns, though it is still in progress at 16% in Lira and 26% in Gulu you did a recommendable job!!
>

>We have been closely following the Lira and Gulu tasks, and may be when the trip with 5 Universities is complete we will be involved more, fortunately, the trip was to start in Gulu!! where the tracing was done, and we organised a one-day mapping event with the students of Gulu University. They never worked with the tasking manager, but had a first experience with JOSM, and also got introduced to mapping and the OpenStreetMap, at the end of the day, they updated the map of the university in Gulu (www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=2.788541&mlon=32.316701&zoom=18&layers=M)
>

>Images for the small huts that were hard to trace on the tasking manager were also taken and some of them are here
>

>(https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.400185033369378.98095.252245321496684&type=1&l=30b11765ea)
>
>Yours Truly
>

>Douglas Ssebaggala Musaazi
>Mobile: