[HOT] Presentation

Eric SIBERT courrier at eric.sibert.fr
Sat Sep 22 18:43:34 BST 2012

		Hi every body,

	I'm new the HOT mailing list. I'm not really involved in humanitarian
activities nor in crisis management. Indeed, I'm an classical OSM
contributor in Madagascar. I'm traveling in Madagascar for a decade and
specifically surveying since 4 years. In somehow, I'm working before the
crisis ;-) I try to organize the OSM work on Madagascar through the wiki
(in French):

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FR:WikiProject_Madagascar

I'm coming there for two reasons. The first one is to ask for help. The
recent release by Bing of a large amount of high resolution satellite
views largely involved Madagascar. Before it, only Antananarivo, the
main city, was covered with HD. So, now, people out of Madagascar may
help in drawing roads, streets and so on. I can direct them to specific
areas.

The second reason is to discussion about tagging of elements that can be
typically found in Madagascar but not in industrial countries. I imagine
that such elements may also be found in other countries where HOT people
have to work on.

Regards

--
Éric SIBERT