[HOT] Task Manager ability to pre-fill changeset source= comment= etc

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 15:04:39 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We're talking through some ideas here (at OSM London hack weekend). It
would be nice if the Tasking Manager could pre-fill changeset tags in
JOSM. This would mean our jobs don't need to say "Please use the
following changeset comment: '...'", it could be automatic for users.
(It would also enable some other stuff like making sure it's possible
to jump from a changeset back to a task by url.)

I can see how this would work in the Tasking Manager code, so if the
editors also supported it, then I'd propose a tweak to the TM code.
In the editors... well, I've submitted a feature request for JOSM*. It
would be lovely if we could also do it in iD and Potlatch. I don't
have the powers of editing any/all those things, so the best I have
for today is just putting the idea out there... (hence this email!)

Best
Dan

* Feature request: Remote Control ability to add changeset tags
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/9387