[HOT] Task Manager ability to pre-fill changeset source= comment= etc

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 20:11:36 UTC 2013

2013/12/1 Pat Tressel <ptressel at myuw.net>:
> Hi, Dan!
>
>> We're talking through some ideas here (at OSM London hack weekend). It
>> would be nice if the Tasking Manager could pre-fill changeset tags in
>> JOSM. This would mean our jobs don't need to say "Please use the
>> following changeset comment: '...'", it could be automatic for users.
>> (It would also enable some other stuff like making sure it's possible
>> to jump from a changeset back to a task by url.)
>
> When I was using JOSM with Tasking Manager yesterday, it did prefill the
> changeset comment with the task URL.  I'm using JOSM v6383 (one version
> behind the latest release, I believe).

I don't think this is an existing feature. JOSM pre-fills using the
comment you last used, so that might be what you saw. But the Task
Manager does _not_ automatically pass a "suggested changeset comment"
to JOSM so there's no current mechanism. I've just updated to v6388 to
confirm current behaviour...

Best
Dan