[HOT] Check the new hot site!

Felix Delattre maps at delattre.de
Mon Dec 9 18:00:01 UTC 2013

Dear HOT:

I think this is my first post to this list, so I should introduce
myself:  I'm Felix from Germany living in Nicaragua for some years now.
I came to HOT as I was invited to speak at SOTM-US in San Francisco
about our Managua (Nicaragua's capital) mapping effort on transit
mapping [1]. I attended the BoF on HOT during the conference and Mikel
asked me to help out with the HOT website, as I'm a Drupal developer for
work. You are invited to check my website [2] or drupal.org profile [3]
for more information about my person.

Lately, I have been working together with Clara on the migration of the
Drupal 7 port and would like to get things pushed forward. But please
let me explain my motivation for that:

IMHO the website is as good as it the actual live site, or even a bit
better, although there are some open issues. We have not getting
reported mayor concerns so far for the Drupal 7 port. But we have a
somehow a little annoying situation: We already migrated content and
everything from the old site to the new Drupal 7 version. So any new
content and comments  have to be added manually now to the new website
(or we would need an automatic workflow which would be quite a lot of
work). Therefore I spent several hours on migrating newer content and
comments form the old site, added after the migration work started and I
would rather prefer to spend work into improving the website and fixing
bugs, than manual content migration.

So I would like to ask you to check the new website [4], report problems
to our issue queue [5] And give Draz(en and the website team (Clara and
myself) a thumbs up, so we can migrate anytime soon, please.

Thank you and have an excellent week.
Felix

[1]
http://stateofthemap.us/sunday.html#schedule/sunday/community-mapping-in-nicaragua