[HOT] HOT continuous Activation in Central African Republic

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 23:49:42 UTC 2013

Hi, Séverin:

I've seen that jobs 383 (Bangui NE, CAR) and 384 (Bangui Nord) are
overlapping each other. This is a potencial source of conflicts while
mapping, and double work for unaware mappers and for validators alike.

Fortunately, job 383 isn't a featured job yet, so is still passing
mostly unadverted...

Cheers,

Rafael.

On 11/12/13 02:41, Severin MENARD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you may know, since the Seleka rebellion took down Central
> African Republic between December 2012 and March 2013, the country
> has slowly, but deeply became a chaos encompassing murders, abuses,
> and increasing violence, largely from reprisal attacks on civilians
> from Seleka's mainly Muslim fighters and Christian militias called
> "anti-balaka" with a risk of spiraling into genocide. On December
> 4, UN Security Council had allowed both UN Peacekeepers and French
> soldiers deployed in the country to pacify it and disarm the
> fighting groups. France sent more soldiers in the country in the
> following days. Unfortunately, it will likely take a lot of time
> for the country to recover.
>
> HOT has activated the OSM community since April 10, 2013 (see the
> post here
> <http://hot.openstreetmap.org/updates/2013-04-10_hot_activation_in_central_african_republic>).

A lot of the main towns have been mapped the road network has been