[HOT] 2013 showed tremendous efforts and the diversity of the HOT community

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Wed Dec 25 20:27:39 UTC 2013

The year 2013 showed the capacity of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap team and supporters to react rapidly to various crisis including the Democratic Republic of Congo, Syria, Mali, Center African Republic Iran, Sudan, Philippines.

We supported the NGO's and international humanitarian
organizations such as OCHA, Red Cross, Doctors without borders, UNICEF.  Our community around the world have the capacity to react rapidly and
trace maps, coordinating through internet. We provide detailed maps, GPS downloads and various export data for analysis to these organizations.

Pascal Neis statistics of the Yolanda / Haiyan Activation showed how diversified is this community with more then 1,600 contributors from 82 countries.

I want to thank our community for this incredible effort. I also suggest that we show this diversity of cultures and
languages of the contributors around the world.

I invite you to update the wiki page I created to address our new year
wishes in the various countries / regions languages of the OSM
contributors.

See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Hot/2014-New-Year-Wishes

Pierre