[HOT] Mali Activation : Crowdsourcing API Testing

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Sat Feb 16 21:32:19 GMT 2013

It is starting to bubble-up on the #hot irc for Mali Activation.  I will come back later to present you the progress. There is a very dynamic team supporting us through the hot irc channel. A lot of populated places and residential areas have been added to the map. Plus we should have an interesting meeting monday at 16:30 (GMT).

Today, PovAddict is developping a Crowdsource API to randomly show Bing imagery to determine if a specific information is present (ie. village, road, etc.).

See api http://stuff.povaddict.com.ar/mali-crowdsource/

osm example of file of result that can be imported in JOSM
http://stuff.povaddict.com.ar/crowdsource-nodes.osm

This is very simple to use and fun. It could probably be used for promotion of HOT and Activations.

I invite people to test the application. You can also discuss about this on irc://irc.oftc.net/hot.

This api may be slow sometimes as it is presenlty on a home server. It will be soon moved to an other server. If you have problem, simply reload the page.

Pierre