[HOT] Tell Your Story (FOSS4G Buenos Aires 2013)

Fernando correo at fernando.com.ar
Tue Feb 19 13:49:40 GMT 2013

Dear all,

The FOSS4G Buenos Aires is getting closer.
I have been talking with Séverin and Humberto.

In one hand, Séverin will be giving a talk presenting HOT, its history,
tools, objectives, and leading the HOT workshop with my close collaboration.
In the other, we hope to have Humberto presenting their project in La
Boquilla, the budget only allow us to do it via Skype, but I have been
wondering if theres any chance to get him to Buenos Aires somehow with
the HOT sponsorship (May be just plane tickets, as I could host him) as
it would be just great to have him teamed up with Séverin at the
workshops and getting in touch with other key people interested in HOT.

I hope we will be polishing the details the upcoming days, as we are
getting the talks and workshops confirmed and published in the website.

HOT have been granted:

- A 30-50 minute presentation.
- A one day HOT mapping workshop at weekend.
- A lot of attention from local and foreign professionals from risk
management, social, economical and environmental agencies.

We have confirmed speakers from Argentina, Bolivia, Canada, Catalunya,
Colombia, México, Spain, USA, so its a great opportunity to strengthen
worldwide relationships.

We are confident that this will be a success!
Thanks a lot.
Fernando Sanz.