[HOT] Licensing of Software Developed by HOT

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Tue Feb 26 08:38:17 UTC 2013

(I switched the subject since the topic had changed a bit)

I think that HOT should probably vote on a standard license for all
software that HOT funds that is developed from scratch. It would
probably be best to discuss the pros/cons of types of different types
of licenses.

Of course for software people develop completely in their own
free-time they can obviously do what they want. Though I would think
as HOT we would only want to advocate and teach software under an open
license.

The separate data store and the export tool are licensed BSD.

-Kate