[HOT] Bing coverage analyzer Syria overview

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 12:05:18 GMT 2013

Hopefully the bing imagery analyzer (green and red coverage map) is now giving a more helpful overview of coverage in Syria:
http://ant.dev.openstreetmap.org/bingimageanalyzer/?lat=33.9&lon=38.7&zoom=7

The system gets a bit confused when bing adds new imagery in an area. You can zoom in on a red patch and it turns green. The zoomed out overview ends up being a bit useless. But I have written a script which solves this by re-requesting all red tiles in an area then requesting to re-generate the pyramid of lower zoom tiles. Bit of a brute force solution to the problem, but it seems to have worked. I ran it overnight for Syria

Harry