[HOT] GISCorps mapping N Korea

Sam Larsen samlarsen1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 31 12:11:06 GMT 2013

Hi all,

FYI - I've been speaking to a colleague who is involved in the GISCorps mission to map North Korea (Mission with iMMAP/WFP - North Korea)
http://www.giscorps.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=89&Itemid=63

They are wrapping up the project and seem to have completed most of their digitising of North Korea from what sounds like satellite imagery (i don't know how old these are) and old Russian maps (probably from 60's)

Someone may be interested in opening up a connection with them to manually import some data to fill in any gaping holes in our coverage, this could be a useful exercise for preparedness for any future deployments in N Korea.

samlarsen1