[HOT] HOT OSM in education

Svend-Jonas Schelhorn shornjonas at googlemail.com
Fri May 3 08:33:57 UTC 2013

Dear HOT colleagues!

My name is Svend-Jonas, I am a Master student of Geographie at
Heidelberg University / Germany and I am a volunteer coordinator/core
team member @ Standby Task Force.

I have the pleasure to co-teach a course at my University for
under-graduate and graduate students about Volunteered Geographic
Information and Crisis Mapping.

One of the core parts of our course is the applied education of mapping
tools.

I would like to ask you if you, by any chance, have education materials
for HOT OSM mapping and/ or JOSM? It would be great if the class could
contribute to an existing HOT project when we learn about HOT OSM
mapping. May it be possible to link into an existing project to generate
geodata with our class?

I hope this finds you all well!

My admiration to all you do for humanity!

All my best,

Svend-Jonas