[HOT] Preparations for Typhoon Haiyan

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 15:47:50 UTC 2013

(Adding the talk-ph list)

Thank you Andrew and Harry for coordinating.  There were discussions
in the local list to also focus on mapping
the same general area as you mentioned [0].

Another concern is the island of Bohol island [1] also along the
typhoon path.  Bohol was one of the most severely affected
by the magnitude 7.2 earthquake last week. Many of the residents are
still in makeshift houses and maybe affected by strong winds and heavy
rains. Unfortunately imagery in this area is very limited.

Advance thanks for those helping.

[0] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ph/2013-November/004711.html
[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/?relation=1550487#map=10/9.8685/123.9917

PS.  I just got home from another OSM 3-day training for DRR with a
local government unit and DRR personnel.  We finished the training
today, but most of our participants are in full alert tonight in
preparation for the possible rescue and response operations due to
Haiyan/Yolanda within their respective town/villages.

--
cheers,
maning