[HOT] My tips and tricks for JOSM to mark faster the damaged and collapsed buildings - http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/350

Andrew Buck andrew.r.buck at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 17:18:32 UTC 2013

In addition to using ctrl+w to make them wireframe, you can press F12
to bring up the preferences and on the first tab on the left side
which is selected, then go to the 'OSM Data' tab at the top, then
check the 'Draw only outlines of areas' box.  This will make it draw
the outer way with the proper styling used, but will not draw the
shading in the middle part of the building.

Also, if you look on the wiki page (address below) you will see a
mapcss file for josm.  I am about to update that to include some
changes I made to the styling as well as show a couple new tags.  This
custom map style works like a filter, but is much more effective since
you can see all the categories at once.  If someone could actually
move that code to the proper place in the josm wiki so that it is
installable via the josm preferences I would appreciate it.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Typhoon_Haiyan

- -AndrewBuck