[HOT] Droid app for mapping

Vivien Deparday vivien.deparday at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 17:15:29 UTC 2013

Hi Maning,
For field data collection, we also have used OSM Tracker which is easy to
use to record a track, mark points and take geotagged pictures (you can get
you geotagged pictures to show in JOSM) but then you do need to do some
manual processing with JOSM as the data is not directly pushed to OSM.
Also, you can customize buttons for the app but I am not sure if you can
customize presets.
I had looked at Vespucci a while ago as it lets you do most kind of edits
and directly push them to OSM but it was a bit too cumbersome to operate on
a phone (maybe would be ok on tablet with a stylus). Ideally, there would
be an intermediate app between the two where you can have custom presets,
select features on the map to tag them with your presets, just add simple
single point when needed and push to OSM (if offline, push it later) but I
haven't found it yet, maybe it is out there? If not, I have brewing the
idea of getting people together to enhance one of the existing apps or
develop a new one if need be.

Cheers,

Vivien