[HOT] The status of iD in HOT contexts/projects

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Sep 30 12:27:53 UTC 2013

Because iD discards all of its data on save and reloads new data from the
API if you have your users save frequently it will also get them refreshing
their local data frequently, significantly cutting down on conflicts.

If you're in a limited bandwidth situation I wouldn't worry about the
increased
bandwidth usage because the map data comes compressed and even when loading
a dense urban area only about 25% of the bandwidth is used for map data, the
remainder mainly being used by aerial imagery.