[HOT] The status of iD in HOT contexts/projects

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 30 18:44:12 UTC 2013

At the university of Limonade in Haiti, all the university campus
used 3G keys to access internet and had to share a more or less 10 gig
connection (at bes) provided by the tower close to the university. At
some points in the day the bandwith was significatively reduced.
Students were trying to save JOSM edits after every building they
traced. And then, for less then 100k edit, it tooks minutes for the
action to be completed.

Since Will tried later ID in the same
context, it would be interesting to see how ID reacted with low
bandwith.  Will, did you also experiment such internet connection
problems and then how it was with ID as compared to JOSM?

 Pierre