[HOT] Ebola Outbreak Guinea - West Africa, Mapping to support CartONG - MSF-CH - IFRC

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 1 23:12:51 UTC 2014

For this Ebola Outbreak, CartOng - MSF-CH and IFRC - Red Cross have asked us to map in detail 7 towns of Guinea. Six of them are map and we are waiting for Imagery to trace the town of Mamou.

We are also following the situation. When suspected cases are reported, it takes many days to confirm / infirm such cases. We have reports coming from various regions of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. Until these cases are confirmed, we prioritize to add the Place names to the map. This facilitates the monitoring of the situation and is useful to provide a better base map of this region.  Once confirmations will come, we will had new tasks to trace towns in detail.

We have a new job to add the place names. This can be done by less experienced mappers. See http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/483
We invite more experienced mappers to join the discussion on Mumble and see tasks to validate information / align places with comparison with the various imageries available.
Instructions for Mumble https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble

To see all available jobs for this Ebola Outbreak
http://tasks.hotosm.org/#featured/Ebola

Pierre