[HOT] Ebola Outbreak Guinea - West Africa, Mapping to support CartONG - MSF-CH - IFRC

Bruno Sanchez-Andrade Nuno bruno at mapbox.com
Wed Apr 2 19:40:08 UTC 2014

We´ve just finished processing Mamou raster data:

Acq Date: Jan 8, 2013. 11:18:44Z
Avg Off Nadir Angle: 9°
Sensor: Digital Globe - GE01
Rendered down to z20
License: Image is licensed to be traced on OSM.

http://a.tiles.mapbox.com/v3/brunosan.Mamou/page.html#17/10.37698/-12.07985

iD  custom layer:
http://b.tiles.mapbox.com/v3/brunosan.Mamou/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Pierre Béland <pierzenh at yahoo.fr> wrote:

>  For this Ebola Outbreak, CartOng - MSF-CH and IFRC - Red Cross have
> asked us to map in detail 7 towns of Guinea. Six of them are map and we are
> waiting for Imagery to trace the town of Mamou.
>
> We are also following the situation. When suspected cases are reported, it
> takes many days to confirm / infirm such cases. We have reports coming from
> various regions of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. Until these cases are
> confirmed, we prioritize to add the Place names to the map. This
> facilitates the monitoring of the situation and is useful to provide a
> better base map of this region.  Once confirmations will come, we will had
> new tasks to trace towns in detail.
>
> We have a new job to add the place names. This can be done by less
> experienced mappers. See http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/483
> We invite more experienced mappers to join the discussion on Mumble and
> see tasks to validate information / align places with comparison with the
> various imageries available.
> Instructions for Mumble https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble
>
> To see all available jobs for this Ebola Outbreak
> http://tasks.hotosm.org/#featured/Ebola
>

> Pierre

Bruno Sanchez-Andrade Nuño, PhD
Mapbox Chief Scientist.