[HOT] A week in Lubumbashi

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 05:22:23 UTC 2014

Hi Jorieke,

Thank for your email to the list, your thorough blog posts about how your
week fit into what was already built around OSM in DRC over the past year
thanks to Pierre and Claire hard wrok and how it opens up new avenues and
territories for OSM in 2014 with MSF UK their University partners in
Lubumbashi and the local mappers born in OSM the past weeks.

Let's all keep up this excellent piece of glocal collective and open field
work in DRC.

Excellent day to all
Nico

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 12:09 AM, Jorieke Vyncke <jorieke.vyncke at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Heather, hi folks,
>
> Thanks a lot for sending my post to the mailing list, Heather. It was
> indeed a fantastic experience for me as well!
> Further I would love to thank everybody again for the huge support from
> everywhere in the world! Tonight I was skyping with two of the Congolese
> mappers, and they go on with their data collection. They could mannage a
> bigger room as office space and are looking now how to optimize their own
> work in Lubumbashi and the bigger province of Katanga, and they are as well
> looking how they can contribute to other mapping projects by the Tasking
> Manager. So a promising sequel...
>
> And in addition, some pictures of our field work in Lubumbashi!
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/122157964@N04/sets/72157643320371505/
>
> Thanks again for all the support for this brand new community!
>
> All the best,
>
> Jorieke

>>  Hi Folks, Jorieke posted her blog article about the fantastic work in
>> the DRC. Many of you have also contributed to this effort.
>>
>> The article was not posted to the mailing list so I am sharing as they
>> deserve some extra HOT recognition.  Well done!
>>
>> en francais: http://hot.openstreetmap.org/node/285
>> English:
>> http://hot.openstreetmap.org/updates/2014-04-01_a_week_in_lubumbashi_drc
>>

>> Thank you a million times over for being so inspiring,
>>

>> Heather
>>

>> Heather Leson
>> heatherleson at gmail.com
>> Twitter: HeatherLeson