[HOT] imagery request coordination tool

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 18:50:53 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone

In conversation among the Guinea Ebola activation coordinators, we discussed the need and potential for a software tool for coordination of imagery requests. I wanted to share that idea here, and maybe we can expand on the requirements and possible implementations on list and at the technical working group.

We have more options than ever for imagery for activations, and a lot of conversations going on at once. What's needed is something to collectively coordinate our options, to avoid inevitable crossing of wires.

Such a system would include
* Make and track Area of Instance boundaries.
* Form for standard set of questions when requesting imagery (ie justifying humanitarian need)
* Show available Bing imagery for those areas.
* Show available imagery from other providers.
* Links to associated tasking manager jobs.
* Comments/interaction on each AOI, so coordinators and imagery providers can stay informed of progress.
* Flexible permission/visibility.

Look forward to hearing from those interested on this idea!
Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron