[HOT] imagery request coordination tool

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Sat Apr 5 09:32:54 UTC 2014

This is a discussion we already had for Haiyan on the Coordination room with OCHA and Red Cross. For major activations, it would surely be important to have an Imagery monitoring tool that give to various actors the capacity to visualize the same info, add various entries / tickets containing AOI's bbox coordinates. A map could synthetise the various AOI's and imageries available, the possibility of the various actors to comment on a specific task / request would be also important.

For Haiyan, while we had many imageries for Tacloban, there were areas where it took a long delay to obtain imagery. To have a better Imagery Monitoring tools would surely have helped.

One essential aspect we should not forget, it is important that the coordinators be informed of the various groups that try to find imagery.

Pierre