[HOT] Non-Commercial Licenses

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Tue Apr 8 19:03:39 UTC 2014

Hi Peter,

Understood, my point was that if non-commercial licenses became
incompatible legally for humanitarian data licensing then potentially
there would be more data that is compatible with OSM. Meaning it would
not make sense to apply NC licenses to humanitarian data anymore.
Hopefully then a simple attribution only license would be picked and
there would be more data available to use over all.

Currently the NC data and the OSM data aren't compatible to be used
together in anyway. Meaning OSM can't be used to update the NC
humanitarian related data if they intend to redistribute it and the NC
humanitarian data can't go into OSM.

-Kate