[HOT] Non-Commercial Licenses

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Tue Apr 8 19:13:16 UTC 2014

I wanted to point out the paper *Consequences, risks and side-effects of
the license module "non-commercial use only - NC"*(1). Personally I've
never thought NC licenses make sense for most uses. Though this white paper
points out that often what people/organizations are actually trying to
avoid/prevent is not helped by NC licensing.

Jaakko to bring up the eduction example. There is question regarding
charging tuition for a class, is that still non-commercial?

(1) http://openglam.org/files/2013/01/iRights_CC-NC_Guide_English.pdf

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Jaakko Helleranta.com <jaakko at helleranta.com