[HOT] HOT Validation Style

Mark Cupitt markcupitt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 08:55:49 UTC 2014

To support the Tharparkar HMP and to make Validation of Tiles Easier, we
have just released a new JOSM Style. This style is designed to highlight
any items that do NOT match the spec proposed by Pierre at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Highway_Tag_Africa

At the Moment, we are focused on Landuse=residential and the highway and
surface tags. Any tags used in a specific area that do not match the tags
specified, will be highlighted brightly in red, whilst acceptable tags will
be muted but still visible.

Hopefully this will make validation of tags used a lot simpler, but, of
course, tiles still have ot be checked for completeness.

The remainder of the styling is as per the HDM Style and has been left
untouched for now.

The Style was developed from the HOT HDM Style and and the Surface Data
Entry Style from AndrewBuck

This is the first version and it is available for download at

https://github.com/DisasterNetDOTOrg/HOT-Osm-Validation

If you find any issues or would like to expand the styles capabilities,
please leave an issue on the Git Repository.

We have also submitted it for inclusion in the JSOM Map Paint Style Wiki so
you should be able to download it direct into JOSM

Regards

Mark Cupitt

"If we change the world, let it bear the mark of our intelligence"

See me on LinkedIn <http://ph.linkedin.com/in/markcupitt>

*See me on StackExchange <http://gis.stackexchange.com/users/17846/mark-c>*

The contents of this email are intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed and may contain
recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute,
or use the contents of this email. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the email and any attachments.