[HOT] Solomon Islands Earthquakes

Mark Cupitt markcupitt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 14:53:21 UTC 2014

The Solomon Islands has been experiencing a whole series of Earthquakes on
the South Solomon Trench in the past 24 Hours

A Visualization of the Earthquakes over OSM can be seen at

http://disasternet.org/disasters/Solomons-2014-04-13-Earthquake/Solomons-2014-04-13.jpg

At least two of the earthquakes have been over magnitude 7.4. The epicenter
is South East of Honiara, Guadalcanal, The Capital, approx  300 km. The
closest Island is Makira which is relatively close to the epicenters.

Does HOT have any contacts who work in that area to see if there is any
serious damage?

Regards

Mark Cupitt

"If we change the world, let it bear the mark of our intelligence"

See me on LinkedIn <http://ph.linkedin.com/in/markcupitt>

*See me on StackExchange <http://gis.stackexchange.com/users/17846/mark-c>*

The contents of this email are intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed and may contain
recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute,
or use the contents of this email. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the email and any attachments.