[HOT] Improving elevation data with OSM data

Dr. Franz-Josef Behr franz-josef.behr at hft-stuttgart.de
Thu Apr 17 05:54:05 UTC 2014

I love this idea basically.

But. if I assume we want to use data collected with GPS receivers, as
far as I know the quality of GPS location with regard to terrain height
is not very good even if the x,y coordinates may be very good.
"Vertical accuracies for these GPS units are 2 -- 3 times that of the
horizontal accuracy, and should be used only for informational
purposes." (http://water.usgs.gov/osw/gps/)

Nevertheless I'd like to have a server providing (very) good terrain
height information.

Regards - Franz-Josef