[HOT] New York Public Library Building Inspector

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Thu Apr 24 04:20:24 UTC 2014

MapRoulette is actually flexible enough now to support similar validation
type tasks to what the Building Inspector offers. There are definitely
still some missing pieces, but I'd be happy to help work on supporting HOT
MapRoulette challenges.

If the NYPL tool does what you want right now, that's great too of course.
Whatever gets the job done!

Martijn

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 8:39 PM, Kate Chapman <kate at maploser.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> NYPL has an awesome tool which I think we can look at for ways to help
> make validation easier. I think the idea of focusing on one item to
> validate or enter information about is great. This is similar to the
> MapRoulette vein of microtasking.
>
> Anyway check it out: http://buildinginspector.nypl.org/
>
> AND it is open source: https://github.com/NYPL/building-inspector
>
> Imagine if we had people look at single buildings to confirm they were
> digitized correctly or check the damage. Especially for example if we had
> preevent imagery and then wanted to go through it post event.
>
> I believe some of the HOT community was involved in building this and
> perhaps they care to comment.
>
> Best,
>
> -Kate

Martijn van Exel