[HOT] New York Public Library Building Inspector

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Thu Apr 24 02:39:39 UTC 2014

Hi All,

NYPL has an awesome tool which I think we can look at for ways to help make
validation easier. I think the idea of focusing on one item to validate or
enter information about is great. This is similar to the MapRoulette vein
of microtasking.

Anyway check it out: http://buildinginspector.nypl.org/

AND it is open source: https://github.com/NYPL/building-inspector

Imagine if we had people look at single buildings to confirm they were
digitized correctly or check the damage. Especially for example if we had
preevent imagery and then wanted to go through it post event.

I believe some of the HOT community was involved in building this and
perhaps they care to comment.

Best,

-Kate