[HOT] GNS name merging discussion thread

Pierre BĂ©land pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Thu Aug 14 22:12:29 UTC 2014

As a general rule, we outline residential landuse areas using the tag landuse=residential. There might be many for one village. And we use a node to describe places. Exchanging such infos with various humanitarian organizations, I think that we are better to keep a data model where we make distinction between the nodes places=* and the residential areas polygons.

Pierre