[HOT] TYPHOON RUBY (ISLANDS) - TASK CREATION NOTICE #807 - URGENT RESPONSE

Mark Cupitt markcupitt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 02:29:16 UTC 2014

Typhoon Ruby has made landfall in Northern Samar and is traveling in a
North west Track

In support of The Philippine Government, Red Cross/Red Crescent, DHN and
other Agencies, we have created our *fifth* task for this Activation.
*http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/807
<http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/807>*

This Task covers a small group of un-mapped areas on high risk islands
between Samar and Masbate

We NOW HAVE have new Satellite Imagery for this area courtesy of MapGive.

Through the MapGive project, the Humanitarian Information Unit (HIU) of the
U.S. Department of State is providing the OpenStreetMap community access to
updated satellite imagery services to help assist with humanitarian mapping.

We will be looking to add or improve the following features

   - roads; schools, hospitals, churches, buildings, residential and
   commercial areas and waterfronts, malls, sports complexes.
   - open areas (not fields, just smooth open ground next to towns) as
   leisure=common as these are potential helicopter landing sites.

*We ask all Hotties to help in the response and to map this task as quickly
as possible. We expect to make additional tasks available as the landfall
track predictions improve.*

Regards

Mark Cupitt

"If we change the world, let it bear the mark of our intelligence"

See me on Open StreetMap <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mark_Cupitt>