[HOT] London Missing Maps Mapathon yesterday

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 14:13:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

An enormous bit thank you to all the people who did all the hard work to
make yesterdays mapathon in London so successful. I made the mistake of
not asking how many people were in the room, but at one point I saw that
over 40 squares were locked on one of the tasks, and that would have
been in addition to the small team of people who were doing some validating.

I've done a small diary entry here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Tallguy/diary/28244 and I'm sure we
will see a few pictures appearing soon. With many people coming along
for the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th session the standard of mapping is
improving all the time, and it is really good now to be able to have
some of our mappers validating the work of others.

But....  The biggest thanks must go to all those people who willingly
give up their time & skills - Thank You &

Have a Happy Christmas,

--

Nick

Volunteer 'Tallguy' for
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Tallguy

Treasurer, website & Bonus Ball admin for
http://www.6thswanleyscouts.org.uk/ (treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk
<mailto:treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk>)