[HOT] Projeto Sergipe

Severin Menard severin.menard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 15:16:25 UTC 2014

Hi Tarcisio,

There are actually no rules to become a project manager in the Tasking
Manager, that is made through cooptation among experienced OSM mappers (by
this I mean mappers with a significant number of edits). Why it is not open
to everyone is basically because the server is not super large, so having
people creating a lot of tasks, some of them not well done (eg too large to
be realistically done) would make the website fuzzy. Please present your
project a bit more (eg the link of an OSM wikipage about it), your
community (I guess you are not mapping alone but have some fellow mappers
interested by this project) and yourself as an experienced OSM mapper. Then
you would make your first attempts on the test instance (so that
experienced TM managers can tell you if the job you creates is well
designed for the purpose) then in the production one.
As mentioned by Fernando, it is important to connect with the "local"
community to discuss about ongoing mapping projects and priorities.

Sincerely,

Severin