[HOT] #MapLesotho push to the finish before Feb visit

Dave Corley davecorley at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 16:43:31 UTC 2014

Hi all,

There are several of us heading down to Lesotho in Feb for 2 weeks to carry
out a number of OSM linked objectives

1. Get the local mappers (there are quite a few now) more involved, editing
more frequently and start discussions about them forming a Lesotho OSM
group with semi-regular meetups
2. Train govt. planners (most are mappers) on the use of OSM data with QGIS
3. Conduct a number of mapping sessions at the national university
4. Meet with govt. data owners to talk about release of (i) data to OSM for
imports and (ii) permission to scan, recitfy and derive info from existing
maps

As it stands right now we have 2 tasks running in the tasking manager that
we are looking to get as close to 100% as possible before we arrive.

Urban Task (mostly buildings) - 52% complete -
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/597 (please focus on Maseru if choosing
this one)
Rural Task (mostly rivers, streams, roads) - 82% complete -
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/599

We would greatly appreciate any assistance in completing these, so feel
free to drop in and grab a tile.

Thanks folks,
Dave (DaCor)