[HOT] Tech WG - tasking manager - workflow branch

Pierre GIRAUD pierre.giraud at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 18:46:55 UTC 2014

Hi all,

It's been a while now that I've started working on a "workflow" branch
(more than a year ago). The main purpose of this development was to improve
the user experience by simplifying the interface a bit.

This branch is the one used for the instance working at
http://tasks2.hotosm.org.

I'm now confident and I think that it's ready. I would now like to merge
the work into the master branch and update the main instance. It will also
eventually allow us to remove this second instance. I will do my best to
retrieve the data as well.

For those who don't know yet, in addition to user interface modification,
the main enhancement is deep linking ie. links to tasks in a read only
mode. This allow users to share a link to the task they are working on for
example.
I also got rid of the "validation" process because it has been the source
of problems recently. Let's rethink this feature if we really need it.
People still can invalidate tasks though.

If no one is fiercely against i, I'll do the merge later this week.

This will help me give an answer to Mikel and others who were asking me how
much work is left to get v1 functionnalities in v2.

Regards,
Pierre