[HOT] How to use field papers in high density areas

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Mon Feb 3 03:39:41 UTC 2014

Hi Saher,

Is a mobile phone an option? A cheap android phone for example using
OruxMaps or OSMAnd could help tell you where you are.

It can be challenging to compare where you are certainly if the map
created was only from satellite imagery. Another thing to do in help
figure out where you are is look for a large point of interest such as
a large building, a park, cemetery or something else highly
recognizable. By starting from there you can perhaps more easily
navigate to the area you are interested to map.

Thanks,

-Kate