[HOT] New HOT voting members approved!

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Mon Feb 3 20:25:32 UTC 2014

Dear all new HOT voting members, FYI all "old" voting members & the HOT
community at large,

I'm happy to announce that the nominations of and elections for new HOT
voting members have resulted in 18 new voting members for HOT! Welcome all!
The new voting members list is below.

We'll be arranging (first ever) orientations to the new voting members in
the next two weeks to make sure that everyone knows what (all things) HOT
is, how the organization operates and what is the role of voting members.
E.g. we'll be electing a Chair (person) for the organization and a new
board in the coming weeks. But we'll contact you separately on all this.
.. Should there be "old" voting members who'd like to pitch in to preparing
/ doing the orientations, please get in contact.

So, again, welcome all! And thanks to Boris and Kate for making the
nomination/election process happen.

If you want you're most welcome to reply with a blurb about you and how you
got/are involved with HOT, your HOT story, if you may. I wrote mine at the
bottom for a sort of an example. In fact, thinking about it, I think it
wouldn't be a bad thing is also some (other) old members also feel inclined
to write their HOT story. Good to know who's who in this zoo and where are
people coming from :) . Perhaps we could even post these stories someone
online - under an About us section at our website? Just a thought..

But now: The new voting members of HOT!

   *New voting member*  Amadou Ndong  Andrew Buck  Augustin Doury  Awa Laye
Dia  Bass Thiam  Claire Halleux  Dale Kunce  Emir Hartato  François-Xavier
Lamure Tardieu  Jorieke Vynche  Maning Sambale  Rafael Ávila Coya  Russell
Deffner  Sam Larsen  Samuel Paul Alce  Stéphane Henriod  Will Skora  Yohan
Boniface
That is quite an impressive list, eih!?

My "HOT story":
Originally from Finland, moved to the US (DC) over 10 years ago. I got
involved with HOT during the Haiti earth quake of 2010 and when I lived in
Haiti for 3 years. I've done most of my
mapping<http://hdyc.neis-one.org/?jaakkoh>in Haiti and Dominican
Republic and I've worked in the field with HOT (in
Haiti) and pitched into developing some new projects for HOT.
Currently living in Nicaragua trying to learn Spanish and getting engaged
with the local mapping community (http://mapanica.net).
HOT is hot because I think that (it's obvious by now that)
Open(Street)Mapping can have a huge positive impact in humanitarian work
and making (economic) development work better.
http://osm.org/user/jaakkoh & http://about.me/jaakkoh

What's your HOT story?

With welcoming regards,
-Jaakko