[HOT] Bolivian Floods: "landuse=forest" or "natural=wood"?

Marco Antonio marcoantoniofrias at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 19:58:57 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 10:33 PM, hyances at gmail.com <hyances at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi hotties!
>
> Some of us are tracing polygons over tree areas, ones are using
> "landuse=forest" others "natural=wood" ¿which you consider more indicated?
> Mapping trees could be helpful for high level floods.

The project GeoBolivia [1] recommended us multiple use (agroforestry),
agricultural, forestry livestock and other places forest. This document
(official) is the territorial classification plan
goo.gl/6Dvmpk<http://t.co/KlmZJQt49Z>(in spanish).

It is very difficult seeing aerial imagery determined what type of forest is
. To my natural=wood is recommended, then the validation stage can contrast
with the official document.

Marco Antonio