[HOT] Interim Report: Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) Damage Assessment

Dale Kunce dale.kunce at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 14:14:47 UTC 2014

@Pierre and Mikel,

Your comments are well received.

I think we do need to write a little bit on the exact role and nature of
how and why the OSM community did during the Haiyan activation.

As you all know we are extremely proud and motivated supporters of OSM and
HOT. We want to see OSM continue to be a huge resource for the humanitarian
community. As Mikel points out we do think that OSM could be a great
resource with just a few relatively small investments.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this is the interim report, the full
report will come out later that will take an even deeper look at the data.
I encourage HOT folks that were involved in the activation to suggest
changes on github to clarify things. Please do keep in mind though that
this is a Red Cross/REACH/USAID report and so not all suggested changes may
be incorporated.

Thanks again to the continued support of the wonderful volunteers and HOT
members who were amazing and helped out in a huge way.

@Mark

We (Red Cross) also identified the need for an app that would make both
data collection for assessment and editing OSM from the field. This is
suggested in the report and is one of the investments we are looking at
long term.

Dale

sent from my mobile device

Dale Kunce