[HOT] Interim Report: Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) Damage Assessment

Heather Leson heatherleson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 14:04:46 UTC 2014

HI Folks,

I've been thinking about reports and research. Last summer I asked if there
were folks interested in Research on this list. There was a slight trickle
of interest.

During the Typhoon activation, I attempted to collect some Impact Stories.
(not so successfully, but I have a proposed solution.)

We don't have funds to support a formal HOT research project. (If you are a
funder, I would love to talk with you off list on this topic). For those in
universities, I think there is an incredible opportunity to partner with
HOT to do some research. We simply don't have an inhouse research arm. (yet)

Proposal:
I do community surveys in my day job. I'd love to do a HOT Survey about the
activation and HOT in general. If you like this idea (Kate, Maning, Pierre
especially), I am happy to take the lead on it. But, I need some people who
are researchers to join our mini team.

We need to capture feedback and impact of the Activation to help us grow.
Plus, it would be good for a window in the world of HOT and how we can be,
well, Hotter.

(To our Red Cross friends - thank you. Learning is valuable. Feedback is
the richness to help us all grow.)

Thank you,

Heather

Heather Leson